Location: Brewery, Kihei, HI 96753
Supervisor: Maintenance Supervisor
Manager: Director of Brewery Operations
Pay rate: $13 – 17/hour
This position is responsible for providing both preventative maintenance and repair function to the
facility, equipment, and grounds to ensure all equipment is operating safely, efficiently and production
schedules are met.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Maintain electrical, mechanical, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, gas, air, drain and
• Maintain of the facility including woodwork, drywall, paint, non-process plumbing, PV panel
cleaning, non-process electrical fixtures, outdoor irrigation and grounds etc.
• Maintain materials handling equipment including basic forklift preventative maintenance and
• Build, maintain, and troubleshoot draft systems.
• Help monitor equipment to ensure proper operation, and work with production team and vendors
• Support periodic equipment validation/testing procedures.
• Support all safety programs, including lock-out/tag-out procedures.
• Help manage SOPs and logs for preventive maintenance schedules.
• Assist in ordering, inventory, and logs for tools and parts/supplies, including cost effective
approach with vendors and shippers.
• Maintain an organized and clean shop that extends to all areas where work is completed.
• Respond to brewpub requirements as directed.
• Light janitorial duties as needed.
• Respond to emergency calls during off shift as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent. A degree in a mechanical/engineering field strongly
• 3-5 years of work experience in this field. Experience in food and beverage packaging,
especially craft brewing strongly preferred.
• Basic welding, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry and machining. Sanitary Welding
• Understanding of motors, gearboxes, conveyors, bearings, belts, hydraulics, cylinders, and
• Knowledge of AC/DC power, high/low voltage applications, drives, solenoids, RTD/Temperature
control, PLC troubleshooting, and touch panels, etc.
• Understand basic fluid flow applications including pipe fitting, pumps, valves, pressures, flow
rates, steam, compressed gas, and refrigerant distribution, etc.
• Drivers License.
• Ability to Organize high, mid and low priority tasks.
• Able to travel when further education is required.
• Frequent physical movement in a manufacturing environment with moderate to loud noise.
• Work in a variety of outside weather conditions.
• Ability to handle hazardous materials.
• Ability to work on/around potentially dangerous equipment/machinery with moving mechanical
• Ability to work in tight/cramped work spaces.
• Ability to work in high places including ladders and steps.
• Heavy lifting required (100+ lbs.)
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, etc. for extended periods of
• Ability to operate various power tools.
• Ability to drive to pick up parts and materials.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
• Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at one week/year based on hire date