PACKAGING LEAD: Kihei, Maui
Location: Brewery, Kihei, HI 96753
Reports to: PackagingSupervisor
Manager: Director of Brewery Operations
Salary: $16 – 19/hour
This position is responsible for performing primary packaging functions, set-up, and clean-up. Loading and unloading of containers and general organization and cleaning of the packaging and warehouse facility.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Execute duties based on a rotating shift duty schedule including but not limited to palletizing, packing operation, de-palletizing and forklift operation.
• Adhere to cleaning regimen and requirements.
• Assist with packaging and warehouse organization, restocking, rotation of stock and general
• Operation of racking line including but not limited to preparation, continuous operations and
• Prepare outgoing orders as documented per shipping coordinator.
• Load and unload outgoing and incoming container loads.
• Scan incoming and outgoing house cooperage.
• Receive, sort and organize pallet stock.
• Sort, organize and prepare return dunnage loads.
• Complete tasks related to general facility needs as necessary.
• Perform basic operation of Paktech and Tray Packer, troubleshooting and basic maintenance.
• Display the ability to provide training and non-supervisory guidance to Packaging Operator 1 and
other entry level positions.
• Ability to work independently on organizational tasks, maintaining first-in/first-out supply on both
raw materials and finished goods.
• Maintain Positive attitude.
• Rarely or never outside of adherence to schedule.
• Maintain Flexibility with schedule.
Additional Responsibilities, above Packaging Operator I & II skills:
• Ability to clean, maintain and operate both can and keg filling lines from start to finish.
• Display a high level of detail oriented tasks, ensuring that filling of final product meets all
• Display a working knowledge of mechanical and automated equipment and capability to
troubleshoot, provide information to supervisors/maintenance to effectively address issues.
• Ability to check finished product tanks in preparation for packaging.
• Ability to perform basic packaging related QA tasks including seam and gas checks, tank
pressure and temperature.
• Responsibility over the movement of beer to filling equipment, operation of CIP set for cleaning
of filling equipment.
• Basic understanding of the brewing process with the focus being what is important in finished
• Maintain all record keeping and inventories associated with packaged product.
• Display the ability to recognized potential hazards to finished product quality.
• Ability to perform draft service, cleaning and troubleshooting.
• Ability to recognize/display awareness for brewery peripherals.
• High school diploma.
• Requires experience in brewing, packaging, mechanical operations or equivalent education to
work and communicate well with all staff.
• Maintain professional attitude at work and while representing Maui Brewing Co. outside of the
• Ability to maintain neat and accurate records.
• Report ready to work on time.
• Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
• Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor. • Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
• Work in small and confined spaces.
• Work on feet for several hours, including entire shift if necessary.
• Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
• Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan
• Paid vacation starts at two weeks/year