Pub Manager: Lahaina, Maui
Come join our ohana! Maui Brewing Company (MBC) is looking for the right restaurant
professional with experience working in high volume restaurants to join our Kahana restaurant as a
MBC brewpubs are a direct extension of the values and practices we employ in brewing our
handcrafted ales and lagers. We are passionate about the craft beer way of life, using local
ingredients and sustainability. We’re building a solid team that will share these passions and
execute them operationally.
Please note that all interested parties must apply through the contacts listed in this job posting. Do
not contact MBC locations directly. Applicants who apply without going through this post will not be
Position: Pub Manager
Location: Brewpub, Lahaina, HI 96761
Reports to: General Manager
Salary: $50,000 – 70,000
Provide the highest level of service to our guests in an incredibly friendly atmosphere. Provide
support to the General Manager by overseeing the restaurant’s day-to-day operations, maintaining
the success and development of the program while achieving department and financial goals. This
position will be charged with oversight of a Department within the restaurant in conjunction with
floor management duties. Managers are responsible to perform duties of all restaurant positions
Essential Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for the execution and preservation of the MBC service protocols, including
upkeep of training manuals, checklists, product information, tests, and the pre-service
syllabus for the department.
• Supervise shifts ensuring company standards for quality, service, and cleanliness are
upheld, including regular table/bar visits with guests. Resolve guest issues quickly and
• Facilitate and support department financial goals and strategies within the restaurant while
controlling costs such as labor.
• Help control inventory so that food, liquor, and retail costs are maintained.
• Work with GM to create and update the checklist of daily manager duties.
• Ensure that cash handling and all cash out procedures are followed.
• Assist GM on supervising and executing personnel matters in the restaurant including
hiring, orientation, training, and counseling.
• Work with Managers to support and improve all aspects of employee skills and attributes as
they relate to guest service, by creating and maintaining interactive training and
• Maintain and improve the physical aspects of the department and its operational
components as necessary to support the goal of exceeding guests’ expectations.
Coordinate inspection, maintenance, and organization of department area within the overall
concept of the restaurant.
• Practice and promote positive leadership amongst management team and all staff.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Must be dependable, report to work as scheduled and on time, and
follow all policies regarding scheduling and attendance. Regular attendance is an essential
function of this job.
• Generally – Ability to perform the Pub Manager job duties listed above in a professional and
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following MBC
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Safety – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety as well as
safely operate and handle all required equipment, appliances, and tools.
• Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and
questions of others.
• Communication – Ability to communicate by speaking and writing, effectively and clearly with
guests, coworkers, and management. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand
the comments and questions of others.
• Leadership and Management – Ability to organize self and direct and influence others to
perform their jobs effectively
• Decision Making and Judgment – Ability to make sound decisions with available information
while following MBC policy.
• Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a predetermined result.
• Conflict Management – Ability to deal with others in a negative situation and work towards a
• Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others
strengthen their knowledge and skills.
• Response to direction – Receive and follow directions from supervisors.
• Teamwork Abilities – Ability to work together with a team in a positive manner to achieve a
• Friendly and Energetic- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others and bring
energy to the performance of the task.
• Neat and Well Groomed.
5 years restaurant experience preferred
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with Point of Sale System
• Aptitude to learn new computer systems
Certificates & Licenses:
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Obtain required certification from Liquor Department
• Cicerone – Beer Server level certification
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation based on experience at time of hire, and annual reviews
• 100% company-paid health insurance (individual care)
• Disability insurance
• Paid personal/vacation time starting at two weeks
• Eligibility for company matching 401K
Hours & Wages:
This position is an exempt position as described by the Fair Labor Standards Act and does not
earn overtime pay. The total wages paid is defined in the salary section of a Job Offer. The
weekly hours of work can vary as an exempt employee, and can be up to 50 hours a week. It is
the employee’s responsibility to clock in and out so that hours worked can be accurately tracked,
and important to bring to a manager’s attention if they feel they are going to exceed 50 hours in a
current work week. If employee takes unpaid time off, or is terminated with a partial work week,
then the following formula will be used to calculate pay: bi-weekly salary divided by 10 multiplied
by the number of days worked.