Pub Sous Chef: Lahaina, Maui
Position: Sous Chef
Location: Lahaina, HI 96761
Reports to: Executive Chef & GM
Salary: $47,000 – 60,000
This position is responsible for maintaining a high standard of food quality, cleanliness, safety,
costs, and facility management.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Maintain a harmonious team environment with all managers and staff.
• Work station, or manage PM kitchen line five days a week in a food expeditor role, including
coordinating fire times, proper plating, and prepping/cooking as necessary. Shift could be
moved to AM if deemed necessary.
• Assist Head Chef in interviewing, training, development, and discipline of all BOH staff.
• When Head Chef is not working lead to ensure company standards for quality, service, and
cleanliness are upheld, including checkouts of AM & PM kitchen shifts, daily line tasting of all
food, and proper food handling.
• Manage cleanliness and organization of all BOH equipment, refrigeration and storage areas
as set by Executive Chef.
• When Head Chef is not working assist FOH Managers to present any food specials, changes
to food items, or any other BOH information that needs to be communicated to the FOH
• Ensures all stations remain stocked before and during shifts.
• Manage all prep lists.
• Attend weekly manager meeting.
• A minimum of 2 years working in a culinary supervisory position.
• Understanding of proper use of all BOH equipment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to resolve conflict.
• Effective in leading others.
• Positive attitude.
Hours & Wages:
This position is an exempt position as described by the Fair Labor Standards Act and does not
earn overtime pay. The total wages paid is defined in the salary section of a Job Offer. The
weekly hours of work can vary as an exempt employee, and can be up to 50 hours a week. It is
the employee’s responsibility to clock in and out so that hours worked can be accurately
tracked, and important to bring to a manager’s attention if they feel they are going to exceed 50
hours in a current work week.
Salary and Benefits:
• Salary based on experience
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan
• Profit Sharing Plan
• Paid vacation