Restaurant Manager: Kihei, Maui
Come join our ohana! Maui Brewing Company (MBC) has launched a restaurant division, with our newest location in Kihei, on the island of Maui. We’re looking for the right restaurant professional with experience working in high volume restaurants to join our Kihei restaurant as a Manager.
MBC Restaurants are a direct extension of the values and practices we employ in brewing our handcrafted ales and lagers. We are passionate about the craft beer way of life, using local ingredients and sustainability. We’re building a solid team that will share these passions and execute them operationally.
Please note that all interested parties must apply through the contacts listed in this job posting. Do not contact MBC locations directly. Applicants who apply without going through this post will not be considered.
Location: Restaurant, Kihei, HI 96753
Reports to: General Manager
Salary: Based on Experience
Provide the highest level of service to our guests in an incredibly friendly atmosphere. Provide support to the General Manager by overseeing the restaurant Service Program and department, maintaining the success and development of the program while achieving department and financial goals. Managers are responsible to perform duties of all restaurant positions when necessary.
Essential Job Duties:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Responsible for the execution and preservation of the MBC Service Program, including upkeep of training manuals, checklists, product information, tests, and the pre-service syllabus for the department.
• Facilitate and support department financial goals and strategies within the restaurant’s Business Plan while controlling costs such as labor. Create and drive the department Business Plan each year.
• Work with GM to create and update the checklist of daily manager duties (Manager Checklist).
• Assist GM on supervising and executing personnel matters in the restaurant including hiring, orientation, training, and counseling, all as outlined in the HR and Service Playbooks.
• Work with Managers to support and improve all aspects of employee skills and attributes as they relate to guest service, by creating and maintaining interactive training and development programs.
• Maintain and improve the physical aspects of the department and its operational components as necessary to support the goal of exceeding guests’ expectations. Coordinate inspection, maintenance, and organization of department area within the overall concept of the restaurant.
• Oversee Server Ratings and create the department employee schedule accordingly.
• Support and adhere to budget line items relative to department while maintaining MBC quality standards and guests’ expectations.
• Help promote the restaurant with in-house and outside programs as directed by the Business Plan. Work with Managers to create and promote sales contests, conduct specialized training, and further develop guest contact skills.
• Practice and promote positive leadership amongst management team and all staff.
• Attendance/Punctuality – Must be dependable, report to work as scheduled and on time, and follow all policies regarding scheduling and attendance. Regular attendance is an essential function of this job.
• Generally – Ability to perform the Service Manager job duties listed above in a professional and competent manner.
• Customer Oriented – Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following MBC procedures.
• Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
• Safety – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety as well as safely operate and handle all required equipment, appliances, and tools.
• Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Communication – Ability to communicate by speaking and writing, effectively and clearly with guests, coworkers, and management. Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Leadership and Management – Ability to organize self and direct and influence others to perform their jobs effectively
• Decision Making and Judgment – Ability to make sound decisions with available information while following MBC policy.
• Goal Oriented – Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a predetermined result.
• Conflict Management – Ability to deal with others in a negative situation and work towards a positive outcome.
• Coaching and Development – Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen their knowledge and skills.
• Response to direction – Receive and follow directions from supervisors.
• Teamwork Abilities – Ability to work together with a team in a positive manner to achieve a common goal.
• Friendly and Energetic- Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others and bring energy to the performance of the task.
• Neat and Well Groomed.
5 years restaurant experience preferred
• Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience with Point of Sale System
• Aptitude to learn new computer systems
Certificates & Licenses: Job offer contingent upon completion of background screening (any matter related to a management position may be considered in employment decision)
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Obtain required certification from Liquor Department
• Complete T.I.P.S. Training
• Complete MBC Manager Training Program
• Read and comprehend MBC department Playbooks
Compensation: Based on experience