SOUTHWEST MARKET MANAGER
Location: San Diego, CA / Southern California
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Salary: $45,000 – 55,000
Maui Brewing Company is looking for a motivated, organized craft beer lover to represent our Real Hawaiian beer in the Southwest United States. We are looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic sales representative with a passion for craft beer to further expand our distribution in Southern California and Arizona. The ideal candidate must live in the Southern California area and be willing to travel with overnights to the Arizona market.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Work with wholesalers concentrating on increased package distribution and on-premise draft presence in each market
• Team sell days with sales reps / sales managers with each wholesaler
• Develop and execute a promotional calendar in order to build sales and distribution
• Develop relationships with key account buyers in each territory in order to gain visibility in key Craft accounts
• Report weekly to the National Sales Manager with a Weekly Agenda and Weekly Recap
• Work with National Sales Manager to establish volume goals for each wholesaler. Communicate these goals along with Annual Business Planning to achieve them.
• Communicate availability and forecast Limited Release brands to each wholesaler executing sales and tracking results.
• Travel quarterly to Arizona with well planned, organized trips revolving around Sales Team Meetings and Sales Rep Ride Alongs.
• Plan and execute weekly Off-Premise Samplings and On-Premise events. With a minimum of three samplings and two on-premise events monthly.
• Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
• Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
• Completely understand and embrace the Maui Brewing beers and culture in order to appropriately spread our message, beer and Aloha.
Important Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors and accounts.
• Ability to recognize trends within the craft beer industry.
• Excellent oral, analytical, written and group presentation skills
• Strong Organizational and planning skills
• Ability to work a very flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
• Education – A Bachelor’s degree or equal equivalent of professional experience.
• Experience – Three (3) years Beverage Industry Experience. Demonstrated knowledge of the 3 Tier
• Certification and Licenses – A Valid Driver’s License, and reliable transportation, is required and must be maintained throughout employment.
• Computer Skills – candidate must have proven computer skills and be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Alcohol Responsibility – candidate must fully understand that they are a representative of not only the Maui Brewing Company but the alcohol industry as a whole. They are to conduct themselves within the limits of the law and with concern to the education of responsible consumption at all times. This includes working hours, trade shows, festivals and while entertaining in the name of Maui Brewing Company. Any poor reflection or legal matters that may arise due to poor judgment may be dealt with by termination.
• Lift at least 40 lbs.
• Move 165 lb. kegs
Hours & Wages:
This position is an exempt position as described by the Fair Labor Standards Act and does not earn overtime pay. The total wages paid is defined in the salary section of a Job Offer. The weekly hours of work can vary as an exempt employee, and can be up to 50 hours a week. It is the employee’s responsibility to clock in and out so that hours worked can be accurately tracked, and important to bring to a manager’s attention if they feel they are going to exceed 50 hours in a current work week. If employee takes unpaid time off, or is terminated with a partial work week, then the following formula will be used to calculate pay: bi-weekly salary divided by 10 multiplied by the number of days worked.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
• Eligible for semi-annual sales bonus
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at one week/year based on hire date
• Mileage reimbursement