TASTING ROOM RETAIL TEAM MEMBER
Maui Brewing Co. has an immediate opening for knowledgable, enthusiastic Full Time Retail Associate to share the magic of our brewery with visitors at our Kihei Tasting Room and Brewery. As a whole, our Retail Associates are responsible for running our retail desk including: sales, completing tour check-ins, making tour reservations, and managing / routing calls from guests. Additionally, all Tasting Room Team Members are responsible for sharing the history, culture, and brewing process of Maui Brewing Co. with guests at our Tasting Room in the hopes of turning casual visitors into Maui Brewing Co. fans for life!
RETAIL ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome guests to the Tasting Room; providing a brief description of our service structure as needed
- Ensure all retail displays are full and merchandise is correctly priced
- Accurately process all retail transactions; providing customers a receipt either electronically or in paper form
- Complete exchanges as needed; updating inventory at the end of each shift
- Communicate the need for merchandise orders to Tasting Room Manager
- Fold tee shirts as needed, and restock at end of shift
- Keep glassware wrapped and ready for purchase
- Assist in the fulfillment of online retail orders
- Take tour reservations via phone or walk-in requests
- Maintain an accurate account of reservations through our reservation system
- Take payment for all walk-in or phone tour reservations
- Check IDs of tour guests and provide tokens to guests as they check-in
- Ensure guests utilizing the lobby space remain respectful of each other, our space and our staff
- Ensure no alcohol is carried beyond the front door and no outside food or beverages are carried into the Tasting Room or Lobby.
- Thank each guest for coming upon departure
- Bus and clean tables as you have time between guests
- Visit with guests as you move throughout the floor; taking the opportunity to inquire about retail or beer to go needs
TEAM MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Exercise professional judgment when communicating with VIPs and always communicate abnormal situations to MODs as they occur
- Attend mandated team cleaning and inventory shifts
- Clean, Organize, Repeat.
- Cultivate core passion and pride for other staff members
- Willingness to help any member of staff when appropriate
- Leaves personal drama in the parking lot and consistently brings physical preparation, as well as professional and positive attitude to the work environment
- Communicates professionally and effectively to all other employees
- Maintains open and respectful communication with MODs
- Answer any questions guests may have, and get a manager if you are unable to answer the questions
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Knowledgable of craft beer and brewing.
- Strong computer skills (Mac) preferred including email, iPad/iPhone navigation, iCalendar
- Ability to retain information you’ve read / received during training
- Experienced in customer service fields.
- Knowledge of beer and alcohol service.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time
- High School graduate with some college experience preferred
- Knowledge and abilities in retail sales and inventory management preferred
- Flexible work availability
- 21+ years old