PACKAGING OPERATOR I: Kihei, Maui (HIRING)
Location: Brewery, Kihei, HI 96753
Reports to: Packaging Supervisor
Manager: Director of Brewery Operations
Pay rate: $12 – 14/hour
This position is responsible for performing primary packaging functions, set-up, and clean-up. Loading and unloading of containers and general organization and cleaning of the packaging and warehouse facility.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Execute duties based on a shift schedule including but not limited to manual labor, mechanical operation, troubleshooting, basic maintenance, and frequent forklift operation
• Assist with facility cleanliness, organization, and rotation of stocks of both raw materials and finished goods
• Assist in operation of all packaging lines including but not limited to BOR preparations, continuous operation, and EOR duties as assigned.
• Assist shipping coordinator in management of incoming and outgoing containers, including but not limited to loading/unloading, preparation and receiving
• Ability to work independently on departmental tasks with limited supervision
• Ability to work any shift (mornings, afternoons, overnights) on a rotational schedule with occasional weekend duties.
• High school diploma. Formal brewing education preferred.
• Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
• Maintain professional attitude at work and while representing Maui Brewing Co. outside of the brewery
• Ability to maintain neat and accurate records
• Report ready to work on time
• Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
• Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
• Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
• Work in small and confined spaces.
• Work on feet for entire shift.
• Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
• Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan after one year of employment
• Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
• Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) starts at two weeks/year based on hire date