SHIFT BREWER: KIHEI, Maui (accepting applications but not hiring)
Location: Brewery, Kihei, HI 96753
Reports to: Brewing Supervisor(s)
Pay rate: $14 – 18/hour
Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice. Tasks include but are not limited to all aspects of raw materials handling, milling of grain, wort production, fermentation monitoring, yeast handling and pitching, clarification, transfers, finished beer monitoring, equipment CIP and general sanitation.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
• Execute the necessary production duties including but not limited to wort production, fermentation management, filtration and finishing, and bright beer handling.
• Ensure that all beer is produced to standards and specification by following recipes and procedures as set by Director of Brewery Operations.
• Follow best practice and safety requirements dutifully.
• Maintain brewing, cellaring, clarification and other related documentation in an organized and complete manner.
• Attend brewery staff meetings as required.
• Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas to maintain consistent beer quality.
• Maintain healthy communication with other departments (QA/QC, Packaging,
Tasting Room, and Restaurant).
• Possess a well rounded knowledge of brewing and beer styles beer knowledge.
• Willingness to participate in festivals and promotional events as needed while representing the company and the brand in a professional manner.
• Manage beer and equipment for local accounts as needed.
• Perform all job functions within the structure described in the Employee handbook of policies and procedures at Maui Brewing Co.
• High school diploma. Formal brewing education preferred .
• Ability to work any shift (mornings, afternoons, overnights) on a rotational schedule with occasional weekend duties.
• Ability to work and communicate well with all staff.
• Organized and detail oriented; accurate record keeping skills.
• Basic troubleshooting skills in a brewing/manufacturing setting.
• Lift 55 lbs. from ground to shoulder high.
• Lift 110 lbs. from ground to waist high and moving 150 lbs. along the floor.
• Climb stairs, ramps, and ladders.
• Work in small and confined spaces.
• Work safely with chemicals with reasonable safety accommodations.
• Work in loud environment with basic safety accommodations.
• Read, write and calculate basic algebra.
• Health insurance
• Disability insurance
• Company matching 401k Plan
• Eligible for performance bonus per Brewery Bonus Policy
• Paid vacation starts at one week/year based on hire date